in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 13, 2017

ARC Review: Andre by Sybil Bartel


Andre is the third book in the Uncompromising series by Sybil Bartel. This is a standalone story though, so don't worry about starting here if you haven't read the previous books in the series. While this was my first book of this series, I had no problems understanding anything. I liked this world that Sybil has created. It is a bit dark and gritty with the alphas that she is known for. While there was a lot to like her though, I did have a few issues with this story. 

Andre is a former Marine that has now transitioned to civilian life and owns his own security firm. He is the best in the business, but all of that could come to an end when he comes face to face with Kendall Reed. What starts as an instant attraction between them quickly turns to more, though Andre never suspects who Kendall really is. But once he sees the mark on her back he knows that not only is she in danger, but that everything about his life has changed as well. Can Andre find a way to keep Kendall and himself safe?

I loved Andre. He was smart and sexy and all alpha. But I loved that he was caring and kind as well. He was a great guy and he was 100% devoted to Kendall, even knowing the risks that came along with that. I will say that things seemed to happen very quick for these two, especially when it came to what Andre was willing to do for her but I still loved him and believed that his actions were genuine. My biggest problem with this story was actually Kendall. She got on my nerves so much and unfortunately that never changed. I kept waiting for the moment when the switch would flip, but it never did. She remained the same throughout the entire story, no matter how much those around her were willing to sacrifice for her. She was selfish and only seemed to think of herself. While she had been through a lot, that only went so far to justify her actions and I just couldn't bring myself to like her.

Overall, I liked this world that Sybil has created and with the exception of Kendall, I liked the characters. Andre was great and I really liked Hero as well. I am excited to get to know him better, especially after the revelation at the end of this story. I really wish that I had been able to come around when it came to Kendall though as I wanted to love this one but wasn't able to. I do think that this was a good story though, and I enjoyed seeing how everything would play out. While I didn't like Kendall, I am very curious to read more in this world and would go back and read the previous books as well. I think that there are a lot of readers that will enjoy this one, and I urge you to give this one a shot if you think it sounds like one you might like.

**ARC Provided by Xpresso Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |




1 comments :

  1. Andre sounds like a great and well developed character! Great review, Casey!

    ReplyDelete