in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 21, 2017

ARC Review: Grand Slam by Heidi McLaughlin


Grand Slam is the third book in the Boys of Summer series by Heidi McLaughlin. Each book is a standalone story, so don't worry about starting here if you haven't read the previous books. Fans of the series will recognize familiar faces though, and I think will enjoy this one. I will say that those that have read the previous books will notice that this book has a bit of a different feel than the previous books. This one focuses less on the sports aspect than its predecessors, though you do still get some. 

Travis enjoys his life and all that being left fielder for the Boston Renegades means. But the one woman that he wants is the one that wants nothing to do with him. When Travis finds himself in a legal jam though, he knows that Saylor Blackwell is the woman he wants on his side in more than one way. But can he make things right with her when there are so many obstacles standing in the way? 

I liked these characters a lot. Travis was great, sexy and sweet. He knew exactly what he wanted and there is something super hot about that. Saylor had been through a lot and I really felt for her. I will say that there were a lot of things she did that while I understood them, I didn't like them. These two had a connection though, and I really felt that what they had was worth fighting for. While I liked the two of them for one another though, I really struggled with Saylor at times and she was part of what kept me from really loving this story. 

Overall, this one was a good read and there were several things that I liked about it. But while I liked it, I still had some issues with the story and the characters. I also felt like the ending was a bit rushed, which left me on a bit of a sour note. I do think that this series is worth reading and fans of the previous books will enjoy seeing familiar faces as well as getting to meet some new ones. If this one sounds like one you might like, I recommend giving it a shot.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment