in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Review: Pierced by Nicole Goodin


Pierced is the first book that I have read from Nicole Goodin. I got the opportunity to read this book as a blind date, knowing nothing going in. I love the fact that I can experience books and authors that I might not have otherwise, and this is just one of the books that I have been lucky enough to have had the chance to read. Pierced is actually the second book in the Love Like Yours series, a fact that I had no clue about until after I had already started this book. While I liked this story, it felt a bit like I had been dropped into the middle of a story already in progress. While this can be read as a standalone, as I read it, I would really recommend starting at the beginning of this series if possible. 

Lawson and Ellerslie are happy together and planning their future. But when life suddenly throws them a curve ball, they are forced to reevaluate everything that they thought they were working towards and they find themselves unprepared for what they must do. They always figured that they would get married and then have children, so what are they going to do now that they have a baby to care for that isn't theirs? 

I liked these characters a lot, though I will admit that I struggled with the name Ellerslie. I know it seems like a small thing, but I was really glad that she went by El for the most part because I just couldn't get behind her full name. These two were really sweet though and you could tell that their feelings were genuine and deep. They were easy to like and relate to, and I really believed in the love between them. 

Overall, this one was really sweet and enjoyable, though I do wish that I had started at the beginning of the series. Besides the fact that I felt like I had started in the middle of a story at first and was playing catch up on characters and relationships, I thought that this was a really good story. I definitely would recommend checking this series and author out, especially if you are like me and Nicole Goodin is a new author to you.

**Review Copy Provided by Quirky Blind Date with a Book**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment