in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 19, 2017

ARC Review: Ruthless by Gina L. Maxwell


Ruthless is the second book in the Playboys in Love series by Gina L. Maxwell. Each book is a standalone story and they do not need to be read in order for you to enjoy or understand them. This book was hot and I really enjoyed it! The Playboys in Love series focuses on a group of guy friends that are male strippers after hours and outside of their day jobs. I love this concept, and Gina L. Maxwell definitely doesn't disappoint with these guys!

Roman Reeves is a hot shot lawyer by day and Ruthless the sexy exotic dancer by night. He doesn't have many rules, but he definitely doesn't date friends of friends. Everything changes when he meets Addison Paige though. Since she is a friend of a friend, she is completely off limits, except that he soon finds himself unable to stop the attraction between them. But things get more complicated when she is hired for his firm, and he suddenly finds himself her boss. Roman isn't known as Ruthless for no reason though, and he is determined to have her even if it means breaking all his rules. 

These two were super hot together, and I couldn't get enough of them. I will say that this book is on the erotic side, and readers should know that there are some situations involving menage and sharing partners as well as voyeurism. If any of that bothers you, this book might not be right for you. I honestly loved the chemistry between these two though, and definitely recommend giving it a shot if you like a romance with a healthy dose of steam! Roman has specific desires and kinks, and I loved that Addison was accepting of those. The banter was good, and I enjoyed this group of characters a lot. 

Overall, I enjoyed this one a lot and would definitely recommend. There were a few things that kept this one from being a five star for me, one being the lack of communication and assumptions/judgments that were made. I understand the need for some conflict, but I find myself getting frustrated when characters can't talk to one another and let simple mistaken beliefs and miscommunication damage what they are building. Still a good story though, and the heat in this one was definitely worth the read. I am looking forward to reading more in this series from Gina L. Maxwell.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 


1 comments :

  1. I loved this book...and you are right...they are HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete