in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

ARC Review: Belle by Anonymous Girls


I will admit that a big part of me was intrigued by the unknown here. Belle by the Anonymous Girls is written by a writing duo that have chosen to not reveal who they are, but are said to have been authors that I had read before. That little bit of mystery to go along with this blurb were enough to get me to take a chance on this story. 

Belle is just as they have described it, Gossip Girl meets your classic fairytales. But this story isn't like anything you would expect or have seen before. Adam ("Beast") is high school royalty, while Belle is considered to be on the bottom of the totem pole. But when Adam decides to buck the system, Belle finds herself going from peasant to more. From there everything gets shaken up and drama ensues. 

I did like the characters and I was glad that this one was different that what I was expecting. It did contain plenty of angst and a ton of drama. For me, the secondary characters names got to be a bit much, I understand trying to make this book similar to what readers know of fairytales and Disney while making it new, but I just thought it went a bit too far. This one kept me guessing though and that is what really worked for me

I do think that this book will be a bigger hit with a younger crowd as it is a bit heavy with the high school drama. Fans of YA, fairytales and Gossip Girl will want to check this one out for sure. I did enjoy it though, and I look forward to seeing what the Anonymous Girls have in store for us next.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment