in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

ARC Review: Pretty Face by Lucy Parker


Pretty Face is the first book that I have from Lucy Parker, but it definitely won't be my last. I really enjoyed this story and the characters, and I was drawn in right away. Pretty Face is book two in the London Celebrities series, but each book is a standalone story. I definitely recommend checking this one out! 

Actress Lily Lamprey wants to prove that she is an actress to be taken seriously. She knows she has talent, so when she hears that well known director Luc Savage is renovating a legendary theater for a new production, she knows that this is her chance. But Luc and Lily find themselves drawn to one another and though they try to fight it, things between them continue to grow. But their relationship threatens both of their futures as Luc's reputation comes into question as well as Lily's sudden rising career. Can Lily and Luc have their careers and a future together?

I really loved these two. I found them interesting and felt invested in them right away. Luc had been through a lot that changed the way he was, but he was so much more than he first appears to be. I loved getting to know him better and seeing the kind of man he really was, warm and sweet. Both were passionate and hardworking, determined to make the most of their careers. Their relationship was a bit of a slow burn as both of them were wanting to remain professional. But I loved their chemistry and the connection forming between them. These two were so good together and I couldn't get enough of them. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this story from start to finish. It was funny and sweet, emotional and heartfelt. I really felt connected to these characters and their story. Their relationship was on the forbidden side and that is always one of my favorites, but there was so much more to Luc and Lily and I had a great time reading this book. If you love theater romance stories this is definitely one you are going to want to pick up, but really if you just love a good romance this is a story that I think more romance readers will love just as much as I did.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment