in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Review: Chasing the High by Beth Michele


After seeing so many raving reviews for Chasing the High by Beth Michele, I had to get it. It sounded like one that I would really love, and with so many people loving it I knew that I would enjoy it. While I did enjoy it, I didn't love it like everyone else seems to have. It had good moments, but I found it a bit cheesy at times and it just wasn't everything that I had been hoping for. 

After being dumped at the altar by his fiance, Sam Stone finds his neat and orderly life turned upside down. He heads to paradise for a few weeks to nurse his broken heart and focus on his writing. But then he met Drew Mariano and everything changed. Not only did Drew live on the adventurous side, but he made Sam want to take some chances as well. But the bigger the high, the bigger the fall and both Drew and Sam must decide if the possibility of a future together is worth taking the risk. 

This story was pretty low angst, and I liked both Drew and Sam. But for most of this story I felt like there was something missing for me. I just wasn't able to fully connect with the characters or feel invested in their story. Things were overly sweet, and everything felt surface deep. I just didn't really see much depth, even when the story started to progress for them. I just wanted more and was disappointed that it didn't really seem to get there for me. 

Overall, this story is light and sweet and if you are a fan of M/M romance and don't like a ton of angst this one is definitely the book for you. It wasn't that I disliked this story, but it was just okay for me when I had heard so many great things about it. I think that there was so much more potential for this book to have been more, but in the end it all just felt a bit superficial to me and I would have loved to have felt more of an emotional connection between the characters and to the characters along with the chemistry they shared.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 


0 comments :

Post a Comment