in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

ARC Review: Friction by Emily Snow


I had really high hopes for this book based on both the description and the beginning of the story. I haven't read any other books by this author but I'm a big fan of enemy romance. I love the tension and build up of two people who hate each other finding out that they can't keep their hands off one another. I thought this book was going to be that and it kind of was...

When this book kicks off Lucy is the artist formerly known as the brightest and best up and coming marketing talent who is currently damn near rock bottom. Lucy went into business with her soon to be ex husband and came out with him threatening to sue her, a broken heart and a pending divorce. Lucy is looking for a new job back in her hometown when she comes across an open marketing position at Extreme. Lucy applies and finds out that things are not what she thought they would be. One, the company is owned by her former high school rival, bad boy Jace. Two, Jace is sexy as hell. And last, Extreme is not your run of the mill marketing job. Nope, Lucy thinks she is going to be marketing clocks. Spoiler alert: That is not the case.

Jace remembers Lucy as the know it all who declared that he would never amount to anything in life. Jace is also wildly attracted to Lucy which is why he decides not to hire her.  It is probably also why he changes his mind and hires her. Jace is a dynamic character with all kinds of sex appeal. 

Things between Jace and Lucy start heating up almost right away. Jace even tells Lucy that he wants her but that he can't cross the line. In between wanting her, Jace also seems to want to put Lucy in her place and prove to her that she was wrong all along about him being a loser. I don't know what happened for me in this book but there are two possibilities. One, something between Jace and Lucy was missing for me. I'm not sure what it is but I didn't quite buy the connection between the couple. The other thing is that there was just too much background and then description of the everyday tasks of running the company. There were things happening in the book but I didn't feel like the events were pushing the romance forward and so sometimes I was bored. Also, despite the sexy topic of the book, there is no actual sex until well after the 50% point. When it comes to my romance, sex is like my morning coffee. If I don't get it often and early, I'm cranky...or maybe, sex is like sex....ok, nevermind. The point is, I needed more sex...in the book. You know what I mean.

All in all, this is a pretty decent book that just never quite came alive the way I hoped.

**ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR**

Purchase: | Amazon |


0 comments :

Post a Comment