in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Audiobook Review: Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward, Narrated by Simone Lewis


I'd forgotten how much I loved Elec and Greta's story until I listened to the audiobook. I had been itching for a reread and this was the perfect way for me to fit it into my schedule. Not only did I get to enjoy Penelope Ward's amazing story, but I also got to hear narration by Simone Lewis for the first time. She was a great choice for this story and I look forward to more from her in the future. 

Being forced to stay with his father, Elec is not looking forward to being around his new stepmother and stepsister. He sets out to punish all of them and does what he can to irritate Greta, his stepsister. But Greta and Elec find themselves drawn to one another despite their circumstances. They spend one forbidden night together before Elec heads back home to California. Years go by without contact, but when tragedy strikes they are reunited and soon realize that things between them are far from over. 

Elec and Greta are characters that have so much chemistry and connection between them, that nothing else matters. They shouldn't work, and yet not only do the, but they are so undeniable that you can't help but fall right along with them. I love that time and distance couldn't touch their feelings and that Greta wouldn't let Elec push her away though he did try at times. I thought that Simone Lewis did a great job of bringing these characters to life in a way that wasn't possible simply by reading their story.

I still have a few issues with the story itself that keep this one from being a perfect book for me. But I do love this story and the characters despite the few criticisms I had. I really enjoyed experiencing this story in a whole new way and I definitely recommend this book in any form. Penelope Ward is a great writer and I think that Simone Lewis was a great choice to give these characters and story life. I look forward to more from both Penelope Ward and Simone Lewis in the future.

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment