in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

ARC Review: Transfer by Aly Martinez


Transfer is the second book in the Retrieval Duet by Aly Martinez. Though Transfer centers around Clare instead of Roman and Elisabeth, this story is one that should be read only after Retrieval has been read. There is so much to this story that these are best read in order for full enjoyment as this book picks up right after the cliffhanger from the first book. That being said, Retrieval is one of my favorite books so far this year, so it is definitely one that I believe is worth the read and you won't be disappointed. 

Clare had thought that the handsome and charismatic stranger she met while working as a waitress was a dream come true, until they got married and everything changed. Her life soon turned into a nightmare, and her only priority became to protect her daughter. But with things unraveling with her life, Clare must soon decide who she can trust and what she is willing to sacrifice to make sure that her daughter remains safe. 

I was excited to get to know Clare and a few of the other characters that were introduced in Retrieval here, and I did like them. I have to admit that I didn't feel as connected to them though, or as invested in their story. While I did see the chemistry between them, and it was clear that their feelings were real, I just didn't feel the same way about them that I did with Roman and Elisabeth. As much as I loved getting several POVs here, including Roman and Elisabeth's, it just felt as though this wasn't really focused on Clare like the first book had focused on Roman and Elisabeth and I think that hurt the way I was able to connect with Clare and her guy here. 

Overall, this was still a really great duet and these books are at the top of what I have read this year. I couldn't put this one down just like the first, because I had to know how everything would play out for Roman, Elisabeth, Clare and the others. I still really loved the characters though, especially Clare's guy, I just wish I had been able to connect with them as much as I had with Roman and Elisabeth. This is one of the best series that I have read from Aly Martinez though, and that is saying something since I have really enjoyed everything I have read from her. If you are a fan of hers, these should definitely be at the top of your TBR list, and if you are new to her this duet is a great place to start. I can't wait to see what Aly Martinez writes next!

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment