in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 12, 2016

ARC Review: The Playbook by Kelly Elliott


I am a huge fan of Kelly Elliott's, so I couldn't wait to read The Playbook! Not only do I love Kelly's books, but sports romance is something I can never get enough of. There was a lot to like about this story and I really enjoyed it. The Playbook is a standalone story. 

As head football coach for a top college in Texas, Brett Owens can get pretty much any woman that he wants. Not only can he get plenty of women, but he takes full advantage of that. But when Aubrey Cain, a sideline reporter, is assigned to cover him he knows things are about to change. Not only does he not want her following him around, but he finds it impossible to fight the attraction that he feels to her. With things heating up between them, both Aubrey and Brett begin to wonder if the growing connection between them is a game that they can win, or if it will cause them both to lose everything. 

I liked both Aubrey and Brett. I will admit that there was quite a bit of drama here with others though, and I know some readers shy away from that. I still really enjoyed the story, though things were a bit frustrating at times because of that. Luckily though, there was more to each of these characters than just the drama and that kept me invested in this story. They had great chemistry and I loved the connection between them. Brett was hot, but had some really sweet moments as well which was really nice to see. 

Overall, this was a good book and I did enjoy it. It wasn't my favorite from Kelly Elliott, and there were times that it did feel as though it was a bit disjointed. Some of the drama seemed all over the place and a bit too much at times, but I still really liked the characters. I think that fans of Kelly Elliott's will enjoy this book, and if you like sports romance stories, this is one worth checking out. This definitely won't be the last I read from Kelly Elliott, and I look forward to seeing what she writes next.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment