in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 1, 2016

ARC Review: Profited by Lacey Black


I think this was my first book by this author and I really liked it. I’m a sucker for a “baby you didn’t know about and now you want both of us” book but it has to be done in the right way. The right way is a way that gives us a plausible reason why the dad did not know about the kid that does not make us want to drop kick the Mom.

In Profited Dani and Reid hook up one night when they are both beginning as adults. Right from the beginning of the book there is some indication that Reid has somehow sold his soul to the Devil. I liked that the issue was kind of mysterious though and we didn't completely know what was up with Reid until closer to the end of the book. I loved the instant chemistry between Dani and Reid. Even though their night together was just a hookup, I felt the intensity of their feelings for one another and I was into it.

So fast forward about 8 years, Reid has taken over the world, Dani is the mother to his son and Reid has no idea his world is about to get turned upside down. Reid was a complete A hole when Dani re-entered his life but I really liked his aholeishness. Reid was bossy and in charge and he could not resist Dani. I don't know what weird childhood issues I suffer from but I love an alpha hero who is rude but also obsessed with his woman. I really enjoyed the get to know you phase between Dani and Reid. Dani is strong and independent but not ridiculous about it. Dani wants what is best for her son and right away starts facilitating the relationship between him and his Dad. As if Reid's personality wasn't enough, his relationship with his son is just so endearing. He was seriously making my womb tremble with how much he loved his son.

It was kind of crazy that Reid and Dani really didn't acknowledge that a relationship was happening between them and yet it was. I knew Reid was hiding some crazy ish and I kind of guessed what it was. Of course Reid handles everything horribly. Hey he was an emotional cripple. However, I appreciated that he pulled it together in short order and we got our HEA. This book is well worth the read, especially for those of you who already like these themes!

**ARC provided by InkSlinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment