in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 18, 2016

Review: Bright Side by Kim Holden


I have been trying to figure out what to say about this book since I finished it. Bright Side by Kim Holden is one of the best books I have ever read and after I finished it a few days ago I was just speechless. This book was everything and I honestly haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I read it. I really believe that everyone should read this book at some point in their life. 

Kate Sedgwick's life has been anything but easy, but despite all she has been through she has always managed to remain optimistic and positive, earning her the nickname Bright Side from her best friend Gus. As positive as she is, she doesn't believe in love. Leaving California to attend college in the small town of Grant, Minnesota, the last thing she expects is to meet someone that makes her start to believe in love. But the first time she meets Keller Banks, she knows that there is something special between them. Both Keller and Kate have secrets though, and those secrets are reasons for each of them to fight the connection they share. 

I absolutely loved Kate and Keller. These two had such amazing chemistry right from the start. I loved their interactions and the way they just clicked right away. Kate was so smart and witty, and I loved that Keller could keep up with her. He loved that she was different and you could really see how genuine his feelings for her were right away. Kate was the most positive person on the planet, and it was so real and believable. With anyone else being the way she was it might have come across as forced or fake, but that wasn't the case here at all. Kate was so real and I honestly believed absolutely everything she said and did was true to who she was. Kate is the kind of character that you can't help but instantly love. I loved her friendships just as much as the relationship with Keller. She was such a good person, and I adored the way she was with all those that meant something to her. 

This book brought out all the emotions, and I will admit that I definitely shed a lot of tears here. I won't get into the reasons, because this book should just be experienced without knowing anything ahead of time. Kim Holden is an amazing writer, and this story is one that will stick with me forever. I cannot recommend this book enough, and I really do believe that it is the type of book that regardless of genre is one that anyone can relate to. Bright Side is more than just a story though, this book truly makes you look at your life and want to live it to the fullest. I can't wait to read Gus, which features Bright Side's best friend. I loved him here, and I know that his book is going to be just as emotional as this one was and yet I know it is going to be just as fantastic. If you are looking for something truly moving and unlike anything you have read before, Bright Side is a must read.

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment