in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 11, 2016

ARC Review: Stripped Raw by Prescott Lane


I have enjoyed every book I have read from Prescott Lane, and the blurb for Stripped Raw grabbed me right away! This book was such an emotional journey for the characters and the reader, and I am really glad I read it. I think that a lot of readers will really connect with these characters and story. 

After having her heart broken, Kenzie returns home from Europe when her stepsister gets diagnosed with cancer to help her raise her daughter. Kenzie loves her sister and her niece more than anything and is determined to help them while also getting her new lingerie business off the ground. But when she has an interview to help her launch her business, she gets off on the wrong foot with the guy who is interviewing her and she fears the disaster of an interview will ruin everything. Kane is tired of cleaning up his stepbrother's messes, but when he sets out to meet the woman that put his brother in his place, he never expects to feel the way he does. He wasn't looking for love, and yet he can't fight what is growing between them. But Kenzie and Kane will have to somehow find a way to deal with not only what is in their present, but also their pasts if they want to possibly have a future together.

I liked both Kenzie and Kane a lot. They were great together and I felt their connection right away. Each of them had so much in both the past and present that they were dealing with, but the support and love between them really went so far in helping each other. I loved how they were able to work their issues out together and that they were understanding with one another. Kane was great with not only Kenzie, but also her sister and Niece. Kenzie was just as good with Kane and everything he was sorting out as well. There were a few times that I was frustrated with how they acted and things they did, but I liked that they were able to see reason pretty quickly and turn things around. 

I will say that I felt like Kane was a little too attached to his ex at times, and that was what frustrated me the most. I understood that he was a great guy and was trying to be supportive and a good friend to her when she needed him, but Kenzie did also even if she put up a tough face for the world. I never really felt like that was fully dealt with on his end, but rather that it just worked itself out because his ex finally decided to get herself help and stop relying on him so much. I wasn't fully convinced that he would have actually changed if she wouldn't have done it for him. Overall though, this was a really great story and I loved the relationships in this book. This story was not only about love between Kenzie and Kane, but also the importance of love for your family and I really enjoyed seeing the strong bond that Kenzie had with her sister and niece. Besides the few criticisms I had, this book was so good from start to finish and I look forward to reading more from Prescott Lane in the future.

**ARC Provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment